Fill out this quick survey so we can determine how to best support Montclair small businesses
Montclair’s COVID Recovery Task Force Small Business Sub-Committee, in Partnership with the Feliciano Center for Entrepreneurship + Innovation at Montclair State University, believe that Small Businesses are the fabric and lifeblood of our community. Help us create meaningful, actionable and immediate programs and opportunities to address issues Small Business Owners are facing as we navigate this new wave of the pandemic with this quick survey.
Henri/Ida Business Assistance Grant Program
The New Jersey Economic Development Authority Board has approved a program that will provide grants between $1,000 and $5,000 to New Jersey businesses and non-profits with up to 50 employees that suffered physical damage as a result of Tropical Storm Ida and any additional flooding immediately thereafter. Landlords and home-based businesses are not eligible. Some of the details below may change before the portal opens, but to be eligible and entity generally must:
- Provide certification of an unmet need due to damage and/or business interruption.
- Provide documentation of physical damage to the applicant’s physical commercial location.
- Present a valid Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Submit recent wage reporting form (WR30), if applicable.
- Be registered to do business in the State of New Jersey.
- Be in good standing with the Department of Taxation.
- Comply with any additional requirements that are announced when the program is finalized.
If you were affected and meet the above criteria, prepare for your application by gathering the above information. The application process is expected to launch online on Sept. 17th.